The Scholarship Advisory Committee is a body set up under the scholarship to be representative of the different sectors of Queensland’s Electricity Supply Industry.
The role of the Advisory Committee is to advise the University in awarding and administering the scholarship.
The Advisory Committee has always taken the view that the E.S. Cornwall Scholarship is a highly prestigious award and has concentrated on selecting engineers whose applications demonstrate:
- initiative and
- thorough planning; in addition to
- technical ability.
The electricity supply industry of Queensland is able to take considerable pride in the achievements and subsequent careers of its E.S. Cornwall Scholars. You can use this website to view a brief history of some of the previous scholars.
Current representatives on the Committee are:
- Mr Simon Bartlett (UQ – Chair of Committee)
- Prof Tapan Saha (UQ – representing the university)
- Mr Paul Martin (Powerlink, and API Board Member – representing the transmission sector)
- Mr Adam Aspinall (Evans & Peck – representing the generation sector)
- Mr Terry Effeney (Energex – representing the distribution sector)
- Mr Paul McArdle (global-roam – representing the market sector)